* Using process.exit([number]) is not recommended practice.
* Writes to `process.stdout` in Node.js are non-blocking and may occur over
* multiple ticks of the Node.js event loop. Calling `process.exit()`, however,
* forces the process to exit before those additional writes to stdout can be
* Rather than calling process.exit() directly, the code should set the
* `process.exitCode` and allow the process to exit naturally by avoiding
* scheduling any additional work for the event loop.
process.exitCode = 1